Hello, this subsection of SEO Jobs is an attempt to organic position myself in front of the Brilliant Earth audience, I’ve applied for the Brilliant Earth Associate Director of SEO position, and would like to request an interview please! I found the SEO Director position at Brilliant Earth on LinkedIn.
How Brilliant Earth Defines the Associate Director of SEO Position
Associate Director, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Brilliant Earth
As the Associate Director of SEO, you will own and oversee all in-house SEO performance. This role is responsible for the planning, optimization, and reporting all SEO initiatives to accelerate our monthly run-rate traffic and lead growth goals. You’ll work closely with internal and external partners to implement best practices and strategic recommendations.
SEO Associate Director Qualifications
10+ Years in SEO
I have worked for agencies with 400 active clients, The House of Representatives, Global SaaS companies and freelanced for the last 15 years! I couple that experience with SEO best practices to deliver organic traffic success!
I’ve managed teams of up to 5 other SEOs, where I taught, trained and help grow their careers! I’ve also led international cross functional teams on higher detailed and impactful website projects, from website migrations to multi-language SEO implementation.
Data-Driven SEO Expert
I rely heavily on data, since it is crucial to SEO success, from a multitude of sources, like Google search console, Google Analytics, SEMrush, AHREFs, Google trends, and also SEM manager to name a few. Without data utilization, you really are working in the dark.
You can find a copy of my resume here!
Currently looking for SEO Director to SEO Manager positions
- I’m obsessed and passionate about SEO
- I’m an expert with technical SEO, On Page SEO, and Off Page SEO
- I love to build SEO strategies that handle the complexities of multiple sites and targeted audiences
- I believe in data driven SEO, using data as my main guide to diagnose, troubleshoot and solving SEO issues
- I use data, best practice, and SEO leader’s websites / content to educate and inform people when questioned
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in search engine optimization on single and multi-project initiatives
- Has a constant pulse on the latest standards and algorithmic updates in SEO
- Excellent written and oral skills to lead and guide a team of SEO professionals
- A passion to educate, nurture and grow coworkers to empowerment
- The ability to create process documents and mentor coworkers in SEO best practices
- Technical SEO and enterprise level development expertise
- International and large-scale website experience
- Proficient in SQL / MySql
- Proficient using .aspx, .php, and .jsp
The Associate Director Of SEO Role At Brilliant Earth
What You Will Do
- Serve as SEO subject matter expert across the company, leading the performance and growth of the SEO channel
- Partner with Product, Technology, Merchandising and Content teams on technical SEO plan development, prioritization and lead processes ensuring SEO best practices are followed
- Plan and prioritize SEO campaigns across multiple domains with content marketing, development, and PR teams to execute results
- Measure and track site ranking factors, keywords, internal and external links, and site content
- Utilize data visualization tool (Domo) to build dashboards and standardize reporting, allowing for real-time insights, data-driven decision making and goal setting.
- Partner with Paid Media/SEM team to align paid and organic strategies
- Oversee and manage all link development processes and campaigns; manage external agency partners to improve ranking and traffic, and drive customer acquisition and revenue, both on-site and off-site.
- Scope and write development requirements for new website features; attend sprint planning meetings
- Research and monitor competitor activity and search market industry trends to gain competitive advantage and innovate new strategies
- Collaborate with business teams and paid media departments to identify growth areas in branded and non-brand search
- Report and analyze results on key C-level KPIs including share of search, aggregate lead growth; plan and project monthly/quarterly targets
- Utilize a test & learn mentality to drive continuously improved performance.
- Audit and monitor website performance, ensuring a seamless cross-device experience.
- Lead, coach and develop direct report(s) to manage workload, build scalable processes and further develop their skillset.
You’re a Great Candidate If You Have
- 5-7 years of SEO experience, either in-house or at an agency, eCommerce experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of technical SEO requirements
- Excellent understanding of web analytics (Google Analytics)
- Robust understanding of enterprise reporting tools (e.g. Domo)
- Robust understanding of Ecommerce processes (product setup, inventory management, etc.)
- Deep understanding of search engine ranking criteria, including local ranking factors
- Experience working SEO tools – Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Brightedge, Botify etc.
- Past-proven experience successfully managing and implementing SEO initiatives for enterprise websites
- Ability to work with various types of data to develop and analyze trends and insights
- Experience leading teams to achieve / exceed goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present creative ideas and information clearly to executive leadership and cross functional partners.
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and evolving high-growth business a plus.
- Highly organized, accountable and attentive to details
- Understanding and acceptance of diversity, inclusion and belonging principles and best practices.
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a robust benefits package, including:
- Equity Compensation. You will play an important role in the growth and success of the company. RSU awards allow us all to share in these successes.
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That’s why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Open PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
About Brilliant Earth
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.